Thyroid Day
We started the day with a brief discussion of "to-do list fatigue," an idea prompted by a recent Journal Watch blog post. We also reviewed the article by UCLA's institutional leadership in the epic viewpoint-laden JAMA from this week. We then moved on to dual presentations on the thyroid...
I recommend Annals' In The Clinic Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism to brush up on the topics from today.
Hypothyroidism
Jeremy Lorber led a discussion of subclinical hypothyroidism. See his slideshow below for the details of his literature review. We discussed the meaning of the USPTF "I" rating for population screening and our Health Services guest (Dr. Wong) highlighted the perils of routinely performing "I" items, especially in light of the clinic/health maintenance "to-do list fatigue" mentioned above.
Ramin and Colin emailed their favorite subclinical hypothyroidism review for your consumption.
Hyperthyroidism
Radhika Zopey presented an interesting case of lithium-induced hyperthyroidism. Check out her slides below:

No comments:
Post a Comment